Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Missing out

The girls are missing out on their first field trip today to Fruita.  I can't even remember where they were supposed to go, but as long as I don't mention it, they probably won't even remember.  Truthfully, the coolest part was already ruined for them because I wasn't going to let them ride the bus with the class, and kindergarten and 1st graders (it was a combined trip because the classes are so small).  Call me fickle, but I just don't understand why the law is so darn complex and strict about car seats for kids under 8 UNLESS they're all grouped together, on a sugar high, in an extremely dangerous vehicle rocking down the interstate through the canyon at 75 mph.  Also, I could have ridden with them- but not Nik or Agnes, so yeah....mean mom it was.  Or wasn't.

We're going to meet with the preschool and kindergarten teachers soon about possibly switching Charlotte to Kindergarten- or maybe just half day.  She'd go to preschool in the morning and kindergarten in the afternoon.  The benefit of such a small school district is that things like this are do able, even if she isn't within the official cut off for age.  She's been bored in Preschool, even though she loves the teachers, and I love the kindergarten teacher so much, and he's retiring this year.  He's been teaching Kindergarten in this district for over 20 years!  You don't see many male Kindergarten teachers, and when you do they're usually....a little fluffy.  He's not. He's a solid, sweet and kind "grandfather".  The best teacher I've met here!

Besides my husband, of course.

Here's Nik, who is not sick and has yet to get sick, taking care of Char yesterday.  By the way, she's decided she likes to go by Char, and she signs all her things in PreSchool with that name....not sure if that's just because she's lazy and doesn't want to write the whole thing or not!  Also, Agnes playing on her play mat that St. Nicholas brought.


No comments:

Post a Comment